Thursday 20 June 2024

7000 + miles

I know why we did it, I know what we said,
I can’t help wishing, we had chosen the other way instead.

It’s been horrible and terrible and difficult and testing,
And no anesthetic will put this heart resting.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m truly happy for the chance you have got,
and excited for all the possibilities it may have brought.

Proud too, I am, for you have been so brave,
A land unknown, alone, a rocky path to pave.

And you’ve been working wonders after wonders, every single day,
I only wish this journey wouldn’t have kept us away

Cause there’s times we can’t see each other, or not even speak,
This 9 hour difference, keeps making me weak

They’ll pain me and torture me and beat me black and blue,
They’ll kill me until they go away, the 7000 + miles between me and you.

But I’m sure we’ll tide over this challenging time,
Until then my love to you with this rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment