Tuesday 5 July 2016

Still The Same Guy.

Yes, I don't call now you now and again,
Yes, we don't play the same childish games.
Yes, we may sometimes seem out of touch.
Don't let it make you feel I don't miss you much.

Yes, I behave a little polite,
Yes, I may not always be in your line of sight,
Yes, I may not respond to every quirky remark
But believe me, I've not really become so dark.

Yes, I'm a little more brooding these days,
Yes, you could say it's a different phase.
Yes, time has indeed turned me a bit,
But does that mean that I no longer fit?

I won't use growing up, as an excuse for growing apart,
I'll always hold you close to my heart.
Yes, sometimes I may not be the best of friends,
Just know that I'm always trying to make amends.

Yes, I know you will say I've changed,
I feel distant, a stranger, unknown, deranged.
Yes, to you it may seem I've let go,
But i promise I'm still the same guy you met all those years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Akash... The longing and elusive feeling is clearly reflected here.

    ReplyDelete