Monday 6 July 2015

She Came To Me In A Dream Last Night.

She Came To Me In A Dream Last Night.

She came to me in a dream last night,
One I had after quite a while.
Have you had enough of staying away?
She asked me with a smile.

I was left speechless as usual,
Not knowing what to say.
How could I tell her that it killed me everyday?
The fact that I walked away.

She gave me a knowing look,
Like she could read my mind.
I was reminded of my stupidity,
Because that kind of love is hard to find.

She took me in her arms and said,
I miss you more than you know.
And I thought she gifted me her forgiveness,
Neatly tied up with a bow.

And then from my dream I awoke,
Reality brought me back on track.
Because after what I'd put her through,
There was no way I was going to have her back.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem mate... while the entire poem is rhythmical the last para takes it away... keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem mate... while the entire poem is rhythmical the last para takes it away... keep going...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks mate. feedback is what keeps me going. stay tuned for more.

      Delete