Friday 10 July 2015

My mind wanders...

My Mind Wanders...


My mind wanders to horizons unknown,
Leaving no crevice unchecked, unturned no stone,
I search for the one I can call my own,
My safehouse, my hideout, my treasure, my home.

I wait, I wonder, I wish, I desire,
To find someone with the same passionate fire.
If I have to, I'll go through a fiery pyre,
Because true love isn't something you can get for hire.

There was something different in the air, when I saw her that night,
Even doing the right thing ever felt so right.
I promised myself that with all my might,
I was never going to let this girl out of sight.

So i flirted, I wooed her, I proposed, she said yes.
The moment was inexplicable, I must confess.
How I longed to see her in her wedding dress!
But I wasn't meant to be happy for long I guess.

She was gone, she was dead, I was broken, I was shattered,
Because now that she wasn't there nothing else really mattered.
I beat myself up till I was bruised and I was battered,
What else can a man do when all his dreams in the wind get scattered.

So I breathe, I exist, my existence is my bane.
It kills me a little everyday, it drives me insane.
But I continue to live, I'm numb to the pain.
Only waiting for my end so I can be with her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment